You can always contact your Cargill Foodservice sales representative for any questions about your specific operation. Or you may find your answers in our Frequently Asked Questions listed below. Take a look to learn more.
- Do Shady Brook Farms® pre-cooked turkey products have CN labels?
Yes, all Shady Brook Farms commodity-processed products carry a Child Nutrition label, with the exception of our wings, which are a commercial product. You can find both the CN number and the meat-equivalent number near the top of the Product Information and Ingredient List for each of our products.
- Where can I get a product sample?
Want to try something out? Hey, no problem. You can get a sample of any of our delicious, school foodservice turkey products by contacting your Shady Brook Farms Representative or submit your questions to our Contact Us page.
- How is the Shady Brook Farms® commodity-processing program different than others?
Not only do we feature several reduced sodium and whole muscle items, we stand behind delivering turkey that is raised without growth-promoting antibiotics. Beyond that, we source all our turkeys from independent family farms around the country who do things the right way, with a focus on animal well-being and ethical practices.
- My staff is limited so I need to keep meal prep simple. How can Shady Brook Farms® help?
Many of our products are pre-cooked and ready to simply heat and serve. This helps make prep time easier and helps increase food safety.
- How can I make my menu more exiting and appealing to students?
Through proprietary research and working with our dedicated culinary team, our Shady Brook Farms turkey products, entrée items, and solutions are a great way to bring delicious tasting turkey to your menu that kids will enjoy.
- Student allergies are a growing concern for my program. Are your products allergen-labeled?
Each Shady Brook Farms label clearly designates whether the items include common allergens that may be present, including milk, soy, and/or wheat. Shady Brook Farms K-12 turkey items are Big 8 allergen free.
- I can’t find the answer I’m looking for. Can I send you my question?
If you have questions, please contact your Shady Brook Farms Representative or contact us directly.
- Does Shady Brook Farms use growth-promoting antibiotics?
Our turkeys are raised without growth-promoting antibiotics. Antibiotics are responsibly used only when needed for treatment or prevention of illness. Turkeys are raised with no added hormones or steroids. Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones and steroids in poultry.
- Where are Shady Brook Farms® brand turkeys raised?
Our turkeys are raised on independent family farms around the country.