- 100 whole wheat pita bread halves
- 6.25 lbs. Shady Brook Farms® Premium Thick Cut Turkey Breast
- 2 Cups lemon juice
- 2 2/3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 50 slicing tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 2 heads lettuce (pulled for sandwiches)
- Cucumber Sauce: 10 Cups Diced Cucumber, 6 1/2 Cups Nonfat Plain Yogurt, 1 1/4 Tbsp. Dill Weed, 1 1/3 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- Mix lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, mustard and oregano to create marinade.
- Pull turkey slices apart and marinate for 1 hour in refrigeration.
- Cook turkey at 300° F in a covered pan with a little water for 6 to 8 minutes, until the internal temperature measures 170° F, and cool.
- Slice turkey into long strips.
- Dice cucumber and add yogurt, dill and garlic; mix and refrigerate. (Chef Tip: Streamline prep by making the marinade the day before.) Can also use pre-made tzatziki sauce if available.
- Warm pitas (Chef Tip: Batch warm 50 pitas at a time on sheet tray layered with parchment (can layer up to 2).
- Add 3 to 4 pieces lettuce to cover bottom of pita, top with 2 half slices of tomato.
- Place 2 ounces of turkey on top of tomato.
- Serve cucumber sauce/tzatziki sauce on side.
Made With Quality
Thick-sliced, all-white turkey perfect for a variety of applications; just heat and serve.Premium Thick-Cut Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Ideas Your Students Will Love
We’ve come up with exciting turkey dishes for your school menu that are not only part of a healthy diet and delicious, they’re anything but boring. It’s how school lunches should be.View Menu Inspirations