- 2 Shady Brook Farms® turkey pot roasts, shredded, with gravy
- 3 onions, 1/4" dice (4 cups / 20 ounces by weight)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 - 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 - 7.5 ounce can chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1 - 1 lb 12 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 3 - 19 ounce cans, red enchilada sauce
- 60 corn tortillas
- 2 lbs shredded colby jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Saute onions, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder in oil until onion is softened.
- Add flour and cook until golden.
- Stir in the diced green chiles, pureed chipotles, crushed tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey and the gravy.
- Spray 3 each 2" half pans with food release spray. Ladle about 8 ounces of turkey sauce on the bottom of each pan.
- Line the pan with 4 corn tortillas. Cover tortillas with meat sauce. Sprinkle meat sauce with about 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Continue layering tortillas, meat sauce and cheese, using 5 layers of tortillas and finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes or until bubbling. Rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving with sour cream.
Made With Quality
Thick, fully cooked chunks of white and dark meat in a tasty turkey gravy — inside an oven-proof bag for convenient reheating.Turkey Pot Roast Breast & Thigh
Ideas Your Students Will Love
We’ve come up with exciting turkey dishes for your school menu that are not only part of a healthy diet and delicious, they’re anything but boring. It’s how school lunches should be.View Menu Inspirations