Turkey Enchilada Bake
- 2 Shady Brook Farms® turkey pot roasts, shredded, with gravy
- 3 onions, diced (4 Cups total)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 3/4 Cup flour
- 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 - 7.5 oz. can chipotles in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1 - 1 lbs. 12 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 - 19 oz. cans, red enchilada sauce
- 60 corn tortillas
- 2 lbs. shredded colby jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Saute onions, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder in oil until onion is softened.
- Add flour and cook until golden.
- Stir in the diced green chiles, pureed chipotles, crushed tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the turkey and the gravy.
- Spray 3 each 2" half pans with food release spray. Ladle about 8 ounces of turkey sauce on the bottom of each pan.
- Line the pan with 4 corn tortillas. Cover tortillas with meat sauce. Sprinkle meat sauce with about 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Continue layering tortillas, meat sauce and cheese, using 5 layers of tortillas and finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until bubbling. Rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving with sour cream.
Made With Quality
Fully cooked, tender white and dark meat pot roast with gravy.Turkey Pot Roast Thigh and Breast Meat
Ideas Your Students Will Love
We’ve come up with exciting turkey dishes for your school menu that are not only part of a healthy diet and delicious, they’re anything but boring. It’s how school lunches should be.View Menu Inspirations