- 10-Second Spray, Pan Release Spray/Vegetable Oil
- 3 lbs 4 oz, Long Grain Brown Rice (parboiled)
- 2 tsp, Table Salt
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (for onions)
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil (for turkey)
- 3lbs 2oz Shady Brook Farms® Premium Thick Cut Oven-Roasted Turkey Breast (thawed and medium diced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Simple Asian Turkey Marinade (1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 1/2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 TBSP garlic powder, ground black pepper)
- 3 Cups, Frozen Diced Onions (thawed)
- 3 Cups, Sunny Fresh® Scrambled Eggs
- 2 lbs 4oz, Frozen Pea and Carrot Mixed (thawed) - Edamame can be an alternative to peas, depending on pantry availability.
- 1 1/3 Cups, Reduced Sodium Light Soy Sauce
- In a 12" x 20" x 4" pan that has been sprayed with food release spray, place 3 pounds and 4 ounces of rice and 2 tsp. of salt. Pour water and soy sauce over rice and stir. Cover the pans with a lid or aluminum foil.
- In a steamer or combi-oven, steam rice mixture for approximately 45 minutes or until rice is tender. At the end of the cooking time, fluff the rice with a fork or spoon. Alternatively, each pan of rice can also be covered with aluminum foil and baked in a convection oven at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- At this point, ensure you have met requirements for internal heat for food safety. Heat as necessary.
- While rice is cooking, start prep on the other elements. Heat the oil in a braising pan, steam jacketed kettle, or stockpot. Add onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the onions. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently and breaking down the eggs to bite size pieces. Cook for 4 minutes longer. Add the peas and carrots. Cook for 3 more minutes. Set aside until rice is finished cooking.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add ingredients for Simple Asian Turkey Marinade. Mix until incorporated fully. Add the turkey and cook, about 8-10 minutes, until the marinade thickens and coats the turkey. Set aside until rice is finished cooking.
- When rice is finished cooking, mix together the 3 elements of the dish. (rice, turkey with marinade, and onion, egg and vegetable mixture) Serve immediately or cover the with a lid, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil and place them in the warmer until ready for service.
Made With Quality
Thick-sliced, all-white turkey perfect for a variety of applications; just heat and serve.Premium Thick-Cut Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Ideas Your Students Will Love
We’ve come up with exciting turkey dishes for your school menu that are not only part of a healthy diet and delicious, they’re anything but boring. It’s how school lunches should be.View Menu Inspirations